Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thank You & Birthday Cards

Thank You Card

We've had so many things going on in our life lately and I'm afraid my blog has really had a low priority. I created this thank you card for our neighbors. They were so helpful in shoveling our sidewalks and taking care of our dog with just a last minute notice. I included a gift card for them and had to get the card made quickly since they are moving this weekend. 

Thank You Card

I added some dimension to the sentiment by using foam tape to pop it up. I inked all the edges with Tim Holtz black soot ink. The patterned paper is from Creative Imaginations. I used an embossing folder called Chevron by Darice. The pennant is a Spellbinders Shapeabilities called Nested Pennants. The gemstones are from Hero Arts as is the Thank You stamp. The stamp set is called Find Joy CL497. Cardstock base is from PTI. 

DSCN29241

I joined a group called Scrappy Girls and we have an optional birthday club list we can join. Well.....naturally with everything going on I'm behind in getting my card sent out! This card is going in the mail tomorrow. We do have a public Facebook page that anyone can join called Scrappy Girls Make It Better. It's a page where we share things that we create. You can check it out here.

DSCN29251

For this card I used cardstock from PTI. The stamp set is also from PTI and is called Think Big Favorites #12 Stamp Set #2473. I used two embossing folders. One is called Dots & Flowers by Sizzix and the other is called Intricate Swirl from The Paper Studio. The pearl gemstones are from Hero Arts. I inked up my embossing folder with Tim Holtz Fired Brick Distress Ink, added my cardstock and then ran it through my Big Shot. I love kraft, red and white. One of my favorite color combinations. 

I really feel bad about not posting much lately. I do have another post in the works. I also have many projects that are currently in process. I'm trying to get caught up and spend more time crafting. Thanks for stopping by!

I've linked this post to this party:
Chic and Crafty Party!

1 comment:

Rekaya Gibson said...

I love your cards. Thanks for sharing.

09 10